Okay, it’s Day 2 and the game goes like this. The world’s best coach Gillian gets to ask me a question and I get to answer because my commitment for the next 30 days is to write no matter what and hers is to coach no matter what.
You are invited to play along as well. Find out how below.
G: What has been the most surprising/unexpected thing about your life to date?
P: Short answer – everything!
- Life got infinitely more interesting once I turned 40 and has gotten increasingly better every year since then.
- After living in many exciting and beautiful places, I now live in a small farming community approximately 65 miles from where I was born.
- I also own my house and have a “real” job. Oddly enough, I now I find this exciting and beautiful.
- I had clung to a dream so long that when it finally came true it took me awhile to realize I’d outgrown it.
- I got engaged when most people were having grandchildren.
- I changed my entire life by changing what went in my mouth (in terms of eating healthy, whole foods) and what came out (how I used my words).
- Relaxing into the moment makes my life so much easier than stressing into it does.
- The universe really does have my back. It will meet me half way. Sometimes I only have to go the extra 1/4 mile.
- It often takes 50 years to become an overnight success. Practice, practice, practice.
- Having the approval of thousands of people I may never know is not nearly as important as loving those in front of me.
- Pets make the world a better place. So does Amazon Prime.
- Cleaning up my act has consequences.
- I had no idea how scary it would be to write “raw“. This kind of “ask me anything” writing is terrifying because it demands a deeper truth.
- Invisibility is not a superpower. Vulnerability is. Gratitude is.
- My body – everyone’s body – is a wonderland. Mine is my oldest friend and ultimate ally. I cannot afford to ignore, abuse, or otherwise shame it. Becoming a Certified Eating Psychology Coach was one of the best decisions I’ve made. It healed the wounds unconsciously inflicted over a lifetime.
If you’d like Gillian to play the No Matter What Game, contact Gillian at http://gillianpearce.com or https://www.facebook.com/GillianPearceCoach/ to set up your daily prompts.
I’d love to hear your responses to Gillian’s question of the day or my answers. Please leave your comments below.